Water Damage Tips
Denver Water Damage Restoration Tips
Brothers Restoration, Denver Colorado
Flood Damage Do’s and Don’ts.
What actions to take when waiting for help to arrive?
When you realize you have flood damage in your home or business, your first primary concern should be safety. Please ask yourself a few questions.
- Is it safe to stay in the home or business? Any doubt, get out immediately.
- Is the water coming dangerously close to electronic equipment?
- Is everyone accounted for? Have the pets been rounded up?
Call Brothers Restoration NOW if you are in need of any emergency Denver water damage restoration services.
What to do after flooding occurs:
- Remove as much water as possible with a shop vac until professional help arrives.
- Remove any valuable furniture and electronics from the area taking on water.
- Block your furniture with foam padding when necessary.
- Turn on the furnace or air conditioner to try and speed up dry time.
- Remove rugs that are colored as to prevent them from bleeding through.
What not to do after flooding occurs:
- Don’t leave wet colored fabrics in place, hang dry if possible. (Expensive Rugs).
- Don’t leave valuable books or any important forms in the water damaged areas as they will likely ruin due to excess moisture.
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner, be sure to use a shop-vac to suck up water.
- Try your best to detect moisture in the ceiling and if it is present DO NOT turn on ceiling fans.
- Do not wait to call a Denver water damage restoration company!
Flood damage can quickly turn into mold damage and other issues creating a much more expensive restoration process. The best way to prevent is to get professional help as soon as possible. Brothers Restoration will be there within 1 hour, guaranteed. Don’t wait, call us immediately at 720-979-2696 for Denver water damage restoration.
Submit Your Project for an Estimate
Fill out this form and upload images below to get a ballpark estimate on your project.